View all jobs in this category
Do you like migrating data and doing development? Are you interested in being a Database Developer in a challenging, rewarding, and fast-paced team environment? Now is your chance. The LRS® Retirement Solutions Group is seeking a Database Developer in Springfield, Illinois based on the increasing number of customers implementing our PensionGold software.
The LRS Retirement Solutions Group has been the leading provider of pension administration software and retirement services since 1987. The current web-based version of PensionGold uses service-oriented architecture and is developed with Microsoft .Net Framework Version 4.0 tools with a Microsoft SQL Server database.
You will be part of the Implementations Team that is focused on implementing our PensionGold products to provide customers with a robust solution that meets their specific requirements. You will be responsible for the analysis, mapping, extraction, loading, validation and balancing of customers data in the PensionGold database. You will also provide technical design and development of software enhancements and custom features for your assigned projects. You will work as a member of one or more implementation teams completing data migration and development tasks. The solutions you develop will be done using proprietary visual development tools, Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server. As an Implementations Database Developer, you will be expected to adhere to PensionGolds full project implementation methodology.
You may be based at our corporate headquarters in Springfield, Illinois, in most of our regional offices, or home-based in any state except Colorado. At each of our LRS offices, we have a casual dress environment that our employees enjoy, and we offer a hybrid, two days a week work from home option as well! Outside of COVID-19 times, you can expect to travel during the work week up to 25 percent of the time during an implementation project, all within the United States. Travel for our employees is often accommodated using one of our companys corporate jets.
As a Database Developer, you receive a base salary, and you are eligible for overtime pay. There are substantial growth opportunities and career advancement for the right person joining our team in this position.
- Within 30 days Demonstrate a high-level understanding of the PensionGold database model and be able to access and manipulate data using SQL effectively.
- Within 30 days - Develop an understanding of the PensionGold technical platform and development tools. Verbally demonstrate this understanding to management and other PensionGold employees.
- 30 to 60 days - Perform various development tasks using SQL Server, Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server. Assignments will require a thorough understanding of the implementation standards and methodology
- 6 months Participate in implementation projects and serve as primary Database Developer on one project, completing processes related to data migration of customers data under the supervision of a senior team member
- 1 year Create, maintain, and debug business processes using an internal visual development tool. Work should be completed consistently and meet quality and time expectations.
- 1 year - Develop a high-level understanding of the PensionGold product functionality. Communicate effectively with project managers, developers, business analysts, and other project team members to effectively complete project data conversion and development assignments.
You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA. No visa sponsorships are available.
Your success will be judged on your ability to successfully convert customers data into the PensionGold database and complete development assignments. Excellent teamwork and effective communication skills are a must.
Leadership, self-motivation, persistence, and attention to detail are critical to success in this position. The ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize work to maintain productivity as well as good troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills are essential.
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
The LRS Retirement Solutions group has approximately 90 employees. It is managed by the Vice President. Directors over Implementations, Product Support and Product Development along with Sales report to the Vice President, and there are Team Leads that report to the Directors or to their Manager.
You will be a member of the Implementations team and report directly to a manager. You will interact with members of your team, other PensionGold employees along with PensionGold customers.
For additional information about LRS, please visit jobs.lrs.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
Salary range - $60,000 - $70,000 plus paid overtime