View all jobs in this category
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for an innovative company with excellent benefits, flexible work schedules, and opportunity for growth? Then take a look at LRS! Were Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS), a global information technology company known for valuing our talented employees and promoting a healthy work-life balance for them.
LRS Retirement Solutions is a leading provider of pension administration software across the U.S. You will be part of an implementations team that implements customized solutions related to pension administration using our PensionGold software. PensionGold is a browser-based, service-oriented, and fully integrated solution developed using Microsoft.NET (Core, 5+), ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server and other web-based technologies.
As a Front-End Web Developer, you will participate in the customization and deployment of PensionGolds user interface and its comprehensive business feature set. You will also work with other people in technical, business and management areas, including new and existing customers, to fulfill business requirements and successfully implement our software.
You may be based at our corporate headquarters in Springfield, Illinois, one of our regional offices, or home-based. While travel for this position is minimal, you can expect some travel during the work week at peak times during an implementation project, all within the United States.
This position is eligible for overtime pay.
- Develop quality web user interfaces that meet design specifications
- Create and maintain complex queries and stored procedures required for data access and application development
- Perform testing to ensure the softwares quality and stability
- Conduct release management / deployment activities for assigned projects
In-depth training will be provided on the PensionGold software and its development tools.
- Within the first 30 days, you will learn the PensionGold softwares key features at an introductory level and verbally demonstrate this understanding to your manager
- Within the first 60 days, you will learn about our internal development and testing procedures
- Within the first 90 days, you will have acquired a working knowledge of our softwares architecture and development tools, and be capable of performing a variety of tasks under supervision from a mentor
- Within the first 180 days, you will demonstrate the ability to work independently on project development tasks
Your success will be measured on your ability to design and develop easy to use and quality user interfaces to meet business and technical requirements that our customers need in the product. You must demonstrate an understanding of PensionGolds technical architecture and use of our development tools, as well as the use of our software from a business perspective.
It is important that you develop good working relationships with other staff and resources (e.g. managers, business analysts, developers, test analysts, etc.). Effective communication, self-motivation, persistence, and attention to detail are critical to success in this position. Multitasking, troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills are essential.
- You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer.
- You must have at least 3 years of experience with relational databases; including SQL query and stored procedure development.
- You must have experience with source control management. Specific experience with Git or Team Foundation Server (TFS) will make you a stronger candidate.
- You must have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate your ideas to the team and upper management.
- You must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and multitask effectively.
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
The LRS Retirement Solutions group is one of several groups within LRS. It is managed by the Vice President. Managers over Implementations, Product Development, and Product Support along with Sales report directly to the Vice President. You will be a member of the Implementations team and will report to a manager. You will interact with members of your team and other employees, as well as customers. A typical implementations project team consists of 5-6 key resources and is supplemented by other resources to meet the needs of the project.
To apply visit jobs.lrs.com
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
Salary range: 75,000 - 92,000 per year with paid overtime