Our business is growing again! If you’re an experienced Project Manager who has managed large application or software implementation projects, Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS) has an exciting opportunity for you. We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Implementations team in our LRS Retirement Solutions group to manage implementations of our PensionGold® software products for public sector retirement systems with defined benefits pension plans.
LRS is a global leader in information technology solutions known for the way we value each individual we hire. LRS Retirement Solutions develops and implements pension administration software for retirement systems in the defined benefits retirement market segment. Our Project Managers have a vital role in working with the customer to ensure our projects are completed on time and within budget.
As a Project Manager within LRS Retirement Solutions, you will be expected to lead your team of Business Analysts, Developers and other resources to successfully implement our PensionGold product for our customers. Project Managers are key resources who are involved in all facets of our implementation projects. We expect our Project Manager to be “hands-on” with the implementation activities. You will be involved from the project beginning through completion of the customer’s warranty. A core project team generally consists of 5-6 resources with other resources involved as needed. Our implementation projects can last from 18-36 months and the project manager often will be managing 1-3 projects at the same time, depending on the size of the projects. Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Ongoing interaction with customers including executives, pension administrations staff, their project oversight vendor and potentially Board members
- Providing ongoing status reports and making presentations
- Creating and executing work plans within Microsoft Project
- Updating the plan as required to manage resources and project tasks
- Managing project scope, budget and timeline
- Creating, reviewing and managing project deliverables
- Identifying risks and developing plans to mitigate the risks
- Handling change management throughout the project lifecycle
- Managing project team resources, providing direction and supporting the project team
- Effectively communicating with local and offsite team resources as well as client resources
- Tracking and reporting project team hours and project progress using Microsoft Project and Project Server
- Facilitating requirements confirmation or requirements gathering sessions
- Other activities needed to facilitate a successful completion of the project
These activities would be accomplished through working onsite, conference calls, and web conferencing with our customers across the U.S.
Candidates can be based at one of our Corporate offices across the U.S., and home-based candidates will be considered. There is potential for required travel during the work week, 10 to 25 percent at peak times during an implementation project, within the United States. COVID19 protocols carefully observed. We have an extensive benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid sick occurrences, 401(k) employer matching, health insurance options, plus others. Both internal employees and external candidates are being considered for this position. As a Project Manager, you are eligible for paid overtime.
- Understand the business: Within one month, have a general understanding of the pension administration market segment, the general terminology, and the business implications of our software. You should be able to explain that knowledge to your manager.
- Understand the PensionGold product/services line: Within three months, be able to demonstrate navigation through the product and provide an overview of the high-level product functionality to your manager.
- Understand the project implementation methodology: Within three months, demonstrate an understanding of the PensionGold implementation process by creating and maintaining tasks within a project plan.
- Acquire internal project management experience: During your first six months, provide assistance to an existing Project Manager and develop your product knowledge such that you can manage your own projects.
- Execute/manage PensionGold implementation projects: After six months, be capable of successfully managing your own implementation project while continuing to develop your product knowledge.
- Manage project deliverables: Monitor and maintain all project deliverables within the tools provided.
- Report project status: Provide weekly or bi-weekly project status reports to management denoting project statistics, progress and issues or risks. Meet with senior management to discuss project progress, challenges and risks.
- You must have at least four years of demonstrable project management experience in large application development/implementations projects or managing a project management office.
- You must have at least five years of experience managing technical and business personnel on a project team.
- You must have experience in the information technology area specifically related to defining business requirements, or leading application development projects or software implementation projects.
- You must have experience using Microsoft’s standard office tools along with Microsoft Project and Visio.
- A Project Management Institute (PMI) certification is required, or you will need to acquire one within 6 months.
You must have the ability to effectively negotiate fair resolutions to issues. Your ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and in written form) with people ranging from executive directors to technical developers will be instrumental in your success. To demonstrate these skills, you must have experience understanding complex technical concepts and explaining them using simple terminology. You must have experience writing business communications (letters, e-mails, formal proposals, etc.) and documenting business requirements. You must have experience making formal presentations to a live audience consisting of technical and non-technical people. This experience could be with business presentations, technical presentations, or by presenting training classes.
You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer.
Our typical software implementation projects span 18-36 months. Most projects are the result of an RFP process by our customers. Your ability to manage projects that include complex contract and business requirements will lead to your success. Project Managers interact with a wide variety of technical and business people at varying levels of the organization. Being comfortable and confident when interacting with those people is critical to your success. A major key to your success is your ability to manage your project teams to complete software implementation projects, 1) on time, 2) within budget and 3) with satisfied customers. Our successful Project Managers have developed a thorough understanding of the PensionGold products, the defined benefit pension administration market and how the products meet our customers’ business needs. In-house training will be provided, plus you must be able to independently acquire additional business, product and technical knowledge. Your aptitude and experience at managing the implementation lifecycle (which includes scope, risk and customer expectations), managing project plans in Microsoft Project, managing project teams, understanding customer requirements and how those requirements map to our product’s functionality will be vital to your success. Your ability to demonstrate team leadership skills over the project duration will assist you in being successful. Knowledge in the pension administration market sector would be a significant plus.
Your ability to successfully meet or exceed expectations in several core performance factors including verbal and written communications, interpersonal relations, team work, organization, leadership and delegation will impact your ongoing success on this position.
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
LRS Retirement Solutions is one of several groups within LRS. It is managed by a Vice President. Directors over Implementations, Product Development, and Product Support along with Sales report directly to the Vice President. You will be a member of the Implementations and will interact directly with management, members of your project team and other LRS Retirement Solutions staff.
For additional information about LRS, please visit LRS® Career Portal
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
Colorado salary posting requirements: $85,000 - $110,000