View all jobs in this category
If you are interested in working as an Associate Business Analyst in a fast-paced team environment, now is your chance. We need an Associate Business Analyst to join our Version 3 Product Support team in our LRS Retirement Solutions group.
Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS), is a global leader in information technology solutions known for the way we value each individual we hire. Our group has been the leading provider of pension administration software and services since 1987. Our vision is to “Create efficiencies and cost savings in the administration and management of defined benefit plans for public sector retirement systems which leads to improved member services by delivering innovative software for pension administration.” The latest version of our software is a comprehensive web-based, parameter-driven product specifically developed with that vision in mind.
LRS Retirement Solutions develops and implements pension administration software for retirement systems in the defined benefits retirement market segment. You will be part of a Product Support team that is responsible for the daily analysis and support of software products related to pension administration. As an Associate Business Analyst, you will be expected to:
- Be a customer facing member of the Product Support team and primary support contact for customers assigned to you by your Team Lead.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the PensionGold software and how our customers utilize the software for pension administration.
- Gain a thorough understanding of your customers’ business practices to effectively document, analyze and resolve reported software issues and/or defects
- Translate your customers’ new business needs into requirements which can be understood by developers and other product support staff.
- Develop detailed design documents outlining required product enhancements and/or changes to meet customer requirements or resolve product defects.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure seamless integration between the business processes and the product’s user interface.
- Test software changes and validate the changes meet the customer’s business requirements.
- Manage your customers’ problem incident reports, product support requests and software.
- Learn how to use our business process modeler tool to read and understand PensionGold business processes to assist in troubleshooting or researching product support requests.
You will be based at our corporate headquarters in Springfield, Illinois. This position may require occasional travel to customer sites which are located nationwide. The travel will consist of short stays at a customer site during the week. The travel does not include extended or long-term trips. As an Associate Business Analyst, you receive a base salary and you are eligible for overtime pay. There are growth opportunities and career advancement for the right person joining our team in this position.
- Within your first month you will learn, at a high level, the PensionGold software functionality. You will verbally demonstrate this understanding to your team lead and other LRS Retirement Solutions employees.
- Within the first two months you will acquire a comprehensive understanding of the procedures and operations of the Product Support team.
- Within the first two months you will be able to read and utilize problem incident reports.
- Within the first three months learn a high-level understanding of the PensionGold database model and be able to effectively access data using SQL.
- Within the first 4-5 months your team lead will assign a primary customer to you. You will gain familiarity with the customer’s customization of the PensionGold software and demonstrate your ability to analyze new software problems reported by the customer.
- Within the first 6 months effectively use Microsoft Team Foundation Server and SSMS as you work with customer PIRs.
- You must have one–year of experience performing analysis and documentation of requirements in a business environment or have completed the equivalent of eight semesters in a business or computer science related field.
- You must be able to effectively communicate in English (written and verbal).
- You must have effective communication and interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members.
- You must have the ability to successfully work in a team environment with multiple team members and the ability to multi-task.
Experience with software development, customer support and SQL will make you a stronger candidate.
You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer. Visa sponsorships are not available for this position.
A successful Associate Business Analyst will need to develop a thorough understanding of the PensionGold software product and extensions along with applying that knowledge to help solve customer problems and enhance their use of our product. You should be able to demonstrate a creative logical and analytical approach to problem solving. You will need to develop a good working relationship with internal resources (i.e. your team lead, other business analysts and developers) and external customer resources.
You must have a detailed understanding of pension administration processes that drive business decisions. You must be able to engage in process-related discussions with the customer, developers and other product support staff in a clear, understandable, and precise manner.
Self-motivation, flexibility, persistence, and attention to detail are critical to success in this position. Multitasking and troubleshooting skills are essential. Your ability to share information and promote a work environment that values others is very important.
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
The LRS Retirement Solutions group is one of several groups within LRS. It is managed by the Vice President. Managers over Implementations, Product Development, and Product Support along with Sales report directly to the Vice President. You will be a member of the Version 3 Product Support team and will report to a Team Lead. You will interact with members of your team and other employees, as well as customers.
To apply go to jobs.lrs.com
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.